Ways to Get a Marriage Visa
If you are intending to acquire a marriage visa, there are some steps that you need to follow. Besides, there are certain rules and regulations that you need to comply with.
First, the applicant must make sure that he/she fits into the eligibility criteria which have been listed down below:
- Intend to marry the partner having Australian visa.
- Or, you should already have a legal marriage.
- If married already, they should be living together as partners.
- The applicant has met the prospective spouse and knows him/her from beforehand.
- The applicant must be of the opposite sex of the prospective spouse. De facto couples are eligible to apply for a partner visa.
- The applicant must be at least eighteen years old.
- Complying with health and character criteria under Australian law is also mandatory.
Once you have agreed to the criteria above, you can relax because your application would be taken into consideration soon.
Advice when Your Spouse is pregnant
Australia has some health care agreements with some of the countries which however doesn’t include travel insurance or healthcare expenses while your spouse is on travel. But, on grounds of providing evidence that your marriage has completed at least two years and the wife is pregnant, you can hasten her visa. Pregnancy visa advice is offered by several visa experts who can provide you with tricks to enhance the process.
Currently, the fee and services for getting a marriage visa to Australia have been made quite smooth. The fee is just $7000. Services include proper checking of the evidence, maintaining of deadlines etc. Whether the applicant intends for a temporary visa or later a permanent visa, the expenditure remains the same. However, only if children are added, the expenditure goes up.
Many people agree on having a permanent marriage visa while still being unaware of the additional cost that they need to bear. Other costs include – biometrics, police certificates, health check-ups.
While 75% of the applications get processed within fourteen months, 90% of them still take about nineteen months.